Seguidores

jueves, 21 de febrero de 2013

Jairo Alvarez-Botero presenta


My dear friends and fellow cyclists:
 
The road of life is full of challenges and difficulties. No matter how big they are and how daunting they may seem, I firmly believe that if we accept these challenges as soon as possible, we can carry on to do extraordinary things in spite of them. After all, adversities are sent to us to enhance the purpose of our lives.
 
These ideas are what inspired me to found the annual “No Such Thing as Impossible®” bike ride to benefit the McMains Children’s Developmental Center of Baton Rouge and its Wheels to Succeed program, which will celebrate its fifth year on March 17 in St. Francisville.  We are looking forward to another wonderful event and successful fundraiser, but I have recently encountered a personal obstacle on the way: On Monday, February 18th, I will start another chemotherapy treatment in Houston, Texas. The treatment will last 3-4 months, which will unfortunately prevent me from attending the event.
 
However, my doctors are optimistic, as am I, that we can once again overcome what is just another challenge on the road of life. And I want to reassure you that my physical presence is not necessary for the generous community of Baton Rouge and local cyclists to mobilize in solidarity with my mission: Helping the beautiful children at the McMains Center who need our support. I will be with you that day both in spirit and through the presence of my children Carlos Mario, Ana Marcela and Sebastian, my grandchildren Alek and Lucas, and our families.
 
 I ask that you participate at this event in my name. Bring your families, and invite all your friends to register at www.wheelstosucceed.org. Please remember that this event is for everyone, and you do not have to ride a bike – just come have fun and enjoy the company of the wonderful children from the McMain's Center.  If you would like to help sponsor the event, please visit the above website for details.
 
I thank you so much for your help, and I hope to see you again at next year’s event. Always remember: There is no such thing as impossible!
 
Sincerely,
 
Jairo Alvarez-Botero